I should be sleeping, but I wanted to blog about this briefly.
Several friends of mine (online and off) are part of this organization, so I’ve known about it for several months now, however tangentially. I’ve used the website as a resource when it came to aspects of forging my own NeoCeltic path. I didn’t think I would join the organization; organized anything doesn’t appeal to me.
That has changed. For whatever reason, I have come to the decision to join ADF and take the Dedicant’s study program. Well, for several reasons, despite my misgivings.
My misgivings are thus:
- I’m a WITCH, not a DRUID!
- But I JUST got stuff figured out with my path! Now I’m thinking of doing something different? What’s wrong with me?
My reasons for joining are thus:
- I can be a Witch and a Druid. Morgan le Fay was. According to the Mists of Avalon, which is fiction I know. But that’s completely the same because shut up. (I know, I’m stretching here, but…well, fiction is a type of truth.)
- All knowledge is worth having.
- I wish to take formal clergy training someday, but not necessarily Wiccan clergy training. ADF offers clergy training after doing the dedicant’s path.
- Fucking guilds, man. If you’ve been reading me, or if you know me well enough, I bet you could find at least 3 that I’d be very, very interested in joining. At least.
- I’m getting the feeling that this is the nebulous “next step” that I’ve known about for a while, but not know what it is. Wish They were more straightforward, but alas.
- ADF will give me a better framework for working with my Gods, and as I have 4 of them now…that’s important to me.
- Community. What I’m always stretching, searching for. I’m a wounded iconoclast. I long for a home. (This is a really deep wound with me; I don’t want to get into detail right now because it would turn this into a huge post, but I will write about it at a later date.)
Of course. The difficult part will be finding a way to balance my ADF and my Feri/Reclaiming stuff. Or maybe it won’t be so difficult; I suppose I won’t really know until I’m deep in the sweetwater.
I guess we’ll see. Now I have to find 25 dollars to pay for the membership (and yes, my finances are so bad that that’s an issue).