I need to divide this list into two sections: good influences, and bad influences. It’s not fair to group some books together.
First, though, I have to mention the first witchy book I ever read, when I decided I wanted to curse the assholes at school who bullied me: The Crone’s Book of Words, by Valerie Worth. I can’t really group that book into either category below, but it’s important nonetheless.
- Teen Witch by Silly Feathered Puppy
- To Something a Something Something by Silly Feathered Puppy (the entire series)
- and that’s pretty much it. After $RW, I suddenly got a bullshit detector.
- Starhawk’s Dreaming the Dark. Not strictly a witchy book, but a good influence nonetheless.
- Terry Pratchett’s Witches of Discworld books. Scrap all magical theory books and read Pratchett; he’s got it down.
- Book of Lies: The Disinformation Guide to Magick and the Occult.